Your Guide to Family Residence Visa in the Emirates
UAE Residence Visa Working and living in the Emirates is a dream come true. With its luxurious lifestyle, countless benefits and numerous career opportunities to choose from, the UAE is consider as of the best places in the world, and topmost in the Gulf to reside in.
Whether you work or you are an investor with your own business, living in the UAE requires having a permit called the Residence Visa. This permit allows you to live in the Emirates under certain conditions. The Residence Visa is not for Emirati citizens; it is for the rest of the people who reside in the UAE from all over the world. If you want your family (parents, wife, and children) to move to the UAE, you will need to apply for a Family Residence Visa.
Some companies in the UAE sponsor their employees’ family but if you do not have this benefit, applying for family residence visa is fairly easy. As long as you meet all the requirements and follow simple steps, you can enjoy the benefits and amenities of living in the Emirates with your love ones.
Your monthly income plays an important role in meeting the criteria. For sponsoring your wife and kids, the minimum income of a person should be AED 4,000, and in case of parents, around AED 20,000. The wife can also sponsor her husband but only in certain career choices (differs from case to case).
Following are the requirements you need to fulfill when applying for a family residential permit:
- Filled Application Form
- Original and Copies of Passports (of family member and sponsor)
- Work Contract or Salary Certificate
- Bank Statement (3 months or 1 month depending upon a long or short stay in the UAE)
- Attested tenancy contract and original utility bills
- Emirates ID card and labor card
- Marriage certificate and Birth certificate(s)
- Medical Certificate from authorize institutions
- 3 passport photos of family member(s)
- A fee of around AED 360 per applicant
Things to Remember:
Make sure the application form is filled through a register typing office and/or online. Your passport and family’s passports should be recently renew for a hassle-free process. In case you work as a government employee, you will need to submit your salary certificate, otherwise your attested work contract provided by your employer. Here are some other documents that you will need keep prepare:
- If you have lived in the Emirates for a long period of time, you will need to submit a minimum of 3 months bank statement, however if you are a fresh UAE resident, your recent or 1-month bank statement will do.
- Marriage and Birth certificates should be translate – if not in English, and attested as well.
- Medical certificates for individuals age 15 years and more will be require.
- Vaccination cards of children younger than 15 years of age are required.
(Make sure that the medical certificates are obtaine from authorize medical institutions in your country.)
- Color passport size photographs and a fee of AED 310 (application fee) + AED 50 (miscellaneous) are also compulsory for this procedure.
Furthermore, if your family resides outside the UAE, you must first apply for an Entry Residence Visa that is a form of temporary residence permit. You then have 30 days to apply for the process listed above.
Living with your family in the UAE is not just a dream… It is a reality today… Contact Ajman Media City Free Zone | Dubai Office (MAKATEB)